Monday 21 February 2011

So did it work?

I read with interest this recent blog http://blog.procurementleaders.com/procurement-blog/2011/2/18/guest-blog-time-to-unbundle-your-advertising.html .  It's sentiments not dissimilar to a blog that Simon Steel wrote http://blog.supplymanagement.com/2011/01/decoupling-strategy/.

Having once worked at Schawk and recently consulted with Mundocom, the Publicis Groupe Global Production platform, these are comments I'm all too familiar with.  However what I'm not hearing is any clients talking about how successful their decoupling project has been and the savings they have made.  Some years ago the COI did issue some figures of savings they had made and how successful it had been but given what is  happening to them now, I'm not so sure that's a good advertisement.   

At my recent meeting with procurement about how they issue tenders, we did raise the question of what is it that procurement are trying to achieve.  What I asked is at the end of the tenders is anyone doing an analysis of whether they achieved their goals.

So if anyone out there would like to share their experiences or let me help them find out if they have achieved their goals, then drop me a line. 

No comments:

Post a Comment